Ofra Liquid Lipstick Lip Swatches and Review

0 Comments
I've always wanted to try out the Ofra Liquid Lipsticks ever since one of my favorite YouTubers, Kathleen Lights, raved about them. So when I found out that the ipsy site offered a deal to get the Sangria Liquid Lipstick Set, which included 4 colors for the price of 1 ($20), I had to take advantage of that opportunity.

Before I get into the shades, let me just give a quick rundown of what I think of the product. The texture and application process remind me a lot of the NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams, which are products I LOVE. They smell like a less offensive version of the Milani Amore Liquid Lipsticks, which I can only describe as cake batter.

The Sangria Set came with the shades Pasadena, Ultimate Red, Mina, and New Orleans.
 
Reference: I'm an NC40/42 in MAC.

Pasadena | One of my favorites in this set. It's such a good nude, as I can see it being a darker nude for paler skin tone and a less offending nude for darker skin tones as well. I would describe it as a neutral browny pink, which are colors that I usually like to wear.

Ultimate Red | Not a big fan of this one, but it could be because I have always hated how orangey lip shades look on me. It says Ultimate Red, but it definitely leans a bit orange. I also had a bit of trouble applying this color evenly over my lips. When I did one coat, it looked fine but I wanted to build it up to it's full opacity so I tried going in with a second layer. That's when I started experiencing a problem with the color skipping over my lips. I don't know if you can tell in the picture, but there a spot on my upper lip that I couldn't quite cover completely no matter how much I swiped. 

Mina | My other favorite in this set. It's a deep burgundy that has a hint of a berry tone to it. It applied perfectly! This was the color I decided to test it's staying power throughout the day. It was weird because as I was drinking a cup of coffee, there was definitely transfer BUT the color stayed on my lips. The only part of my lips that had faded a bit was the inner rim of my bottom lip as I ate and drank throughout the day, so I only had to reapply to that inner rim. Every other part of my lip looked fine. 

New Orleans | A mid-toned purple that can definitely be layered to look vampy. It looks like a more slightly darker, berry leaning version of MAC's Heroine. I didn't use any lip liners in the lip swatches above, but if I were to wear this again, I'd line with a lip liner. It applied smoothly.



I do feel that the darker colors are more pigmented than the lighter shades. Overall, though, I really love these liquid lipsticks. I have trouble finding liquid lipsticks that feel comfortable on my lips (even though ironically I own a lot of them, haha).

What Ofra Liquid Lipstick shades would you recommend for me to try? Leave a comment down below.


You may also like

No comments: