SEPHORA SENT ME THE COLOURPOP LAUNCH!

0 Comments

I would like to start off by saying that I have never received a package from any company or brand, so for Sephora to send me a package containing their ColourPop first launch collection has left me in a state of shock. I post my makeup looks on a lot of platforms, including on the Sephora Beauty Insider Community page. My contribution to the Community was noticed by KatieBT, who is an admin for the site. She contacted me and asked if I would like to try out products from the ColourPop launch and of course I said yes. So I would like to personally thank KatieBT and Sephora for the opportunity to review and swatch these products! I will be coming up with makeup looks and posting them on the Sephora Beauty Insider Community page. Go check it out here!


Let's start off with what I was most excited about: the eye shadow palettes. ColourPop released two eye shadow palettes called Golden State of Mind and Semi Precious. The Golden State of Mind palette consists of 15 glitter finish eye shadows. I have to say, that when I swatched them, they were a bit chunky. But when you apply it to your actual eye lid, they go on beautifully. With that being said, I suggest that you not do your foundation if you know you're going to use this palette because they are super glittery and the glitter will fall on to your face. I did not have to use these eye shadows wet because they were just that pigmented. But keep in mind, I was using my finger. I would not recommend using a dry brush for these. The top row of this palette is my favorite, especially the first three shades Golden Egg, Pay the Piper, and GRLFRND.


The second palette, Semi Precious, contains 8 metallic shades. It applies great with a brush and finger, wet and dry. Of course, if you want to pack more of a punch, using them wet would be best. I used the colors Easy Go and West Star with a dry brush and they applied and blended just fine. While all of them feel smooth and buttery, the shade Celestial feels almost creamier than the rest and it is definitely my favorite shadow in the palette. Other favorites include: Beam me Up, Upon a Star, and Bashful.


The Polite AF Super Shock Shadow Collection contains six single eye shadows: Deep Dive, Drift, Birthday Girl, Birthday Cake, Stereo, and Sequin. I've been eyeing Stereo and Sequin for a very long time and am so happy that it came in this collection. I have never used ColourPop's Super Shock Shadows before, but now I know what people mean by them being a "moussey" texture. It's hard to describe. I don't know whether to say they're creamy powders, or shadow mousses, or if they are even powders at all. It's truly weird, but in the most delightful way.


Three of their Super Shock Shadows that came as singles were: Bouncy, Revolution, and Fluffy.


Now that we are done with the eyes, let's talk about the highlighters. The Legit AF Super Shock Highlighter Trio contains three single highlighters Spoon, Wisp, and Over the Moon. Wisp is my favorite for a more everyday look, but the shade Over the Moon is so unique. I went out with my friends the other night and used Over the Moon not only on my cheeks, but as an eye shadow as well. My friends compliment me on my makeup all the time, but this night in particular, they were so stunned by how pretty this was that they asked what the shade was for future reference. One of my friends thought it was purple, the other thought it was pink... it's BOTH. I personally think it looks better as an eye shadow though, because even though it looked pretty on my cheeks, it was a tad too glittery for my liking as far as highlighters go. I will recreate the look I did with this shade soon, so stay tuned for that.


And finally the lip trios, Feelin' Fine and You're A Gem. The Feelin' Fine Lip Gloss Trio contains three metallic Ultra Glossy Lip shades in Fairy Me, Obviously, and Lay-Z. Knowing me, I'm probably not going to be using these all that often because I am not really a fan of metallic finishes on the lips, but they are really pretty. The You're A Gem Lip Trio contains two Ultra Satin Lips: Catching Feels and Misbehaving and one Ultra Glossy Lip: Charming. The two Ultra Satin Lip shades scream fall and the shade Charming is actually a shade I can imagine using over some nude lips shades the way I would use the Dose of Colors Desi x Katy "Over the Top" lip gloss.


Before receiving this package I had only ever tried ColourPop's Ultra Matte Lips, so these products are very eye opening for me. Why didn't I try any more of their products sooner? If I had to suggest getting anything from this collection, I'd suggest getting the eye shadow palettes. I am the most impressed by them. 

Did you pick up anything from the ColourPop x Sephora launch? Are you planning to?


You may also like

No comments: