DOSE OF COLORS DESI X KATY

0 Comments
One of my favorite makeup launches of this year came from the Dose of Colors collaboration with Desi Perkins and Katy DeGroot (aka Lustrluxe). These two serve as such big inspirations for me! If you don't follow them on Snapchat, you're missing out because they are HILARIOUS. 

During the first launch, I picked up the lip gloss "Over the Top," the lipstick "More Creamer Please (my new favorite nude)," and "The Girls" eye shadow palette. 


Here I created a look showcasing the shades "Harpoon" on the lid and "Suz" on the inner corner. On my lips is "More Creamer Please." The eye shadow palette was marketed as more of a "pairing" palette. What do I mean by a "pairing" palette? It's a palette that you pair with another palette, as it consists of all shimmer shades. So for this look, I paired it with my Morphe x Jaclyn Hill palette. From the Jaclyn Hill Palette, I used the shades "Pukey" in the crease and lower lash line, and the shade "Enchanted" in the outer corner.


"More Creamer Please" is without a doubt one of my favorite nude lipsticks I have ever owned. I never thought I would gravitate to such a yellow toned nude, but Desi Perkins and I have a similar skin tone. Seeing her in this lipstick changed my tune completely and it did NOT disappoint. 



Not pictured is my "Over the Top" gloss, but it is GORGEOUS. It definitely was one of the bestsellers from this collection. And when it hits the sunlight, the glitter just brings something extra to your lips. I wouldn't suggest wearing it by itself though, because sooner or later when the glossiness fades, you'll be left with just glitter on your lips. It definitely looks best with a nude lipstick!

As I am typing this, the collection is having it's final restock and the only thing that is sold out is the "Over the Top" gloss and the highlighter "Fuego." So if you want to pick up something from the collection: NOW IS THE TIME TO DO IT! 

Did you pick up anything from the Dose of Colors Desi x Katy collection?


You may also like

No comments: