My Love-Hate Relationship With Autumn/Winter

0 Comments
The season of layers, pumpkin spice lattes, and having a cup of tea while sitting next to an open fire. The Autumn/Winter season is a favorite among many. I must admit, I fall into that trap too. I suddenly have the urge to break out the plaid and drink a cup of hot chocolate, even though I'm not really a fan of it! I love the fashion, the makeup, and the holidays surrounding these two seasons. However, it's not all so great for me.

I'm pretty sure that I have S.A.D., which stands for seasonal affective disorder. You might recognize it by it's more common name: the winter blues. It's a mood disorder that is mainly associated with the weather. It can happen in the summer as well, but most cases involve the fall/winter season. When this season rolls around, I find myself in an incredibly somber mood. I never want to go out and do anything. I just want to stay in bed all day... sometimes to the point where I'd rather stay inside than go out to even get something to eat. That's right... some days I'd rather starve than attempt to get out of my bed. I admit, it's gotten better over the years. But even now, I can already feel myself slipping into it. My energy slowly sapping away.


I'm going to try to take steps in order to make things easier in myself. Try to do things that make me happy. Surprisingly, watching vlogs from the Youtuber, Zoella, has made me feel quite happy lately. I ended up watching her Vlogmas 2016 and her 24 Days of Zoella from last year and it's made me want to start baking and making festive drinks!

To those out there who also suffer from the winter blues, we can get through this. As much as you don't want to, find away to GET OUTSIDE. It may not always be the brightest, sunniest day outside but the fresh air will do you good. When you're inside, try doing something that involves being on your feet. Whether it's exercising or taking up a new hobby. I've pretty much decided that I'm going to try baking, even though it's something I have never done before. But anything is better than just sulking about in a dark room.

I'll keep you guys updated on the whole baking thing, but until then I wish everyone a wonderful and cheery holiday season.

XO, Kendrick <3


You may also like

No comments: